Become a Partner in Health Coverage Outreach and Enrollment
Learn about opportunities for organizations and individuals to participate in our effort to reach out to low-income and immigrant communities, and help them enroll in affordable health coverage programs.
- Community-Based Organizations can serve as Enrollment Locations or support our outreach efforts. To learn more, contact Claudia Lopez at 650-616-2045.
- Individuals can be trained to become Certified Application AssistorCall 650-616-2002s who provide personal assistance with the application process. Contact Claudia Lopez at 650-616-2045.
Outreach, Enrollment, and Retention partners are community-based organizations (CBO) in San Mateo County that help conduct outreach to the uninsured/underinsured, or serve as Enrollment Locations that facilitate access to free assistance with the health coverage application and renewal process. Certified Application AssistorCall 650-616-2002s are assigned to these locations.
- Ravenswood Family Health Center
- North Peninsula Neighborhood Services Center
- Cabrillo Unified School District
- Redwood City School District
HCU’s Funding Partners are distinct local health entities that are deeply committed to the vision and success of the Health Coverage Unit. Their financial support sustains the Healthy Kids program by covering the costs of providing medical, dental, vision, and mental health benefits to its members. Without this invaluable support, children who do not qualify for Medi-Cal or Healthy Families, who are mostly undocumented immigrant children, would remain uninsured.
- Blue Shield of California Foundation
- California Health Care Foundation
- The California Endowment
- David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Kaiser Foundation
- Lucile Packard Children’s Foundation for Health
- Silicon Valley Community Foundation
- United Way of the Bay Area
Toby J. Douglas Leadership and Advocacy Award
This annual award recognizes the extraordinary advocacy work of an individual from a partner organization, in helping the uninsured in San Mateo County get health coverage. The CHI Oversight Coalition established this award in 2005, in honor of HCU’s founding father and first Project Director, Toby J. Douglas. For information and questions about nominations, email Claudia Lopez HCU Supervisor.
Coalition CAA Partner of the Month Award
This award is given to a Certified Application AssistorCall 650-616-2002 in recognition of their exemplary dedication and passion in advocating for and assisting uninsured individuals and families.